Group CounselingWomen’s Sex and Love Addiction Group
Women’s Sex and Love Addiction Group
Sex and love addiction is a progressive illness without a cure. Some women repeatedly use sex to experience power over others despite the inevitable negative consequences, while others find themselves repeating unproductive patterns of pursuing romantic love with unavailable partners. Some secretly have affairs while in a committed relationship, or consistently pursue the euphoria of romantic love while single.
A compulsive need for sex; extreme dependency on one or many people; or a chronic preoccupation with romance, intrigue, or fantasy all can be signs of sex and love addiction.
Some addictive behaviors include:
- Mistaking sex and romance for intimate love
- Endlessly searching for “the one”
- Using sex and/or love to mask loneliness, unhappiness or other difficult feelings
- Attracting troubled, addicted, abusive or otherwise emotionally unavailable partners
- Compulsively masturbating with or without pornography
- Making sexual advances toward individuals in subordinate power positions
- Trading sex for drugs, help, affection, money, status or power
- Having anonymous sex or repeatedly “falling in love” with strangers
The New Leaf Center’s dedicated women’s group for sex and love addiction offers a safe, supportive environment in which women can learn and practice healthy coping tools that foster enriched relationships and fuller lives. Group members learn healthy boundaries and begin working towards genuine self-esteem and stable intimacy. Feedback, emotional support, and encouragement from group members provide perspective on alternative ways to handle sexual problems and lets members know they are not alone in their struggles.
Call for information
Jackie MacKay, MA, LMHC, CSAT, Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Certified Sex Addiction Therapist
$65 per group session
(407) 644 - 8588
Call for an Appointment
Fax: (407) 644-8184
New Leaf Center
1850 Lee Road, Suite 116
Winter Park, Florida 32789
Get In Touch
We would love to hear from you!
Please do not use this form in an emergency.
Quality Outpatient Mental Health and Addiction Counseling